Capture the beauty and allure of flowers with essential techniques for field and indoor shoots.
Learn how to use exposure, focus and creative techniques for spectacular floral photos. Join top photographer and bestselling author Harold Davis to explore the many facets of successful macro photography, starting with expert tips on composition. Delve into extension tubes and filters for an affordable way to master extreme close-ups, and navigate challenging lighting with ISO, aperture and shutter speed. Cultivate your artistic vision using selective focus, unexpected angles and depth of field to create imaginative, Impressionist-inspired shots. Plus, learn how to execute an indoor shoot and present your photos in a strikingly unique portfolio.
What you get:
- 7 HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access
- A downloadable gear list
- Detailed video instruction, including animated diagrams and on-screen hints
- Direct feedback from Harold in our virtual classroom
- If this isn't the best online learning experience you've ever had, we will fully refund your money
- Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
- Your access never expires
- 100% money back guarantee
- Meet Harold Davis & Get Started (21:15)
Get inspired as Harold Davis shows you some of his beautiful floral work and talks about the goals of this interactive video class.
- Foundations of Flower Photography (23:13)
Harold gives you a look inside his gear bag and talks about choosing cameras, lenses and tripods. Learn how exposure and shutter mode settings affect your image.
- Macro Photography (23:47)
Get up close and personal with your floral subjects. Learn how to use extension tubes and close-up filters, and how image stabilization works.
- Focus & Positioning (16:51)
Learn the nuances of focus at close range. You'll discover how to set aperture and depth of field to achieve your desired images.
- Artistic Techniques (25:52)
Harold shares professional secrets that elevate floral photos to the extraordinary: unusual angles, selective focus, in-camera multiple exposures, deliberate under- and overexposure, and more.
- Reviewing Artistic Photos (20:23)
Move into the studio and evaluate your impressionistic flower photos and other artistic experiments with an artist's eye.
- Shooting Flowers Indoors (33:36)
Enjoy flower photography all year long. Set up and light your studio, learn to choose and handle flowers, and create stunning images of individual blooms and full arrangements.
- Supported OS: Web Browser